Today, the modern depiction of beauty is more diverse than it has ever been throughout history. Beauty standards in the 21st Century have adapted to embracing cultural differences, genetic irregularities, and unique individuality as something that should be flaunted – and rightly so! Beauty is no longer a one-dimensional frame we all have to fit into but rather a rich and expanding expression of self-confidence.
The time is finally here for us to focus on taking care of ourselves as we invest in applying self-love rather than trying to change what makes us unique.
Taking natural supplements is a great way to jump-start your self-care routine, including nutrients that will support your overall vitality. After all, the better we feel, the easier it is for our confidence to shine; radiating the beauty that lies with all of us. Authority Reports is a great resource to check out if you are wanting to know which are the best brands available on the market.
The following beauty tips are a selection of treatments inspired by countries around the world. Each natural and gentle remedy is not only tried and tested for many years but easy to do at home and can be effortlessly integrated into your personal care routine.
- Rosemary tea is used in Greece to deeply cleanse the hair, removing excess product and toxin build-up while leaving hair shiny and bouncy. Start by boiling fresh rosemary in water and letting it cool, then, strain out the herbs and pour the water over your hair.
- Aloe vera gel is used in the Philippines to strengthen and nourish hair, adding shine while relieving dandruff. Simply massage the juice of the aloe vera plant into your roots and rinse.
- Coconut oil is a favored ingredient in India. Among many other uses, it is an incredible conditioner when added to hair in small quantities once or twice a week. This is known to nourish the scalp and promote faster and thicker hair growth.
- Rice water is a popular cleanser originally used by the geisha of Japan. Known for its anti-aging, brightening, and softening properties; it is still a pivotal part of any Japanese women’s care routine today. To prepare, rinse half a cup of rice to remove excess dirt from the grains. Then, place that rice in a bowl and cover with water; letting it sit for about 15 minutes for the vitamins and minerals to steep into the water. Once the milky water is ready, rinse your face with it.
- In Bulgaria, rosewater is popular toner used for its anti-aging abilities that also leaves the skin feeling radiant and hydrated. When applied to the skin with cotton wool; this antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial substance also reduces redness, acne, and eczema.
- An oatmeal facemask is a popular beauty tip used in Russia to support vibrant and silky smooth skin. To prepare, soak 2 tablespoons of oats in warm water until soft (usually 10 minutes). Then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix up the paste and apply to your face, waiting about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Another way to keep the eye lashes healthy is by using a lash serum that promotes thickness and fullness. India offers a few secrets on how to get luscious lashes. One way is soaking a cotton pad in cool green tea and applying it to eyes. This not only promotes longer lashes but reduces puffiness and fine lines too! Another method is gently massaging your lash line with your ring fingers, using a circular motion, with castor oil. This is said to promote the growth of stronger, thicker lashes.
- Lip health is an important factor in traditional Chinese medicine, where instances such as dry and cracked lips showcase issues with fluid metabolism. Instead of only applying an external moisturizer – try drinking a tea made of ginger and turmeric to complement the care routine, ensuring your lips are hydrated and nourished.
From hair-care inspired by the Philippines to Japanese cleansers, Russian face masks, and the secrets of long lashes in India; each country around the world has a traditional beauty tip that helps millions of people feel fabulous. These self-care practices will not only leave you feeling physically nourished but will help your confidence bloom, showcasing your unique expression of how you are beautiful in your own, impeccable way. So go on, treat yourself to some self-love and apply these international beauty tips.