Surely, many of you have already learned about Cannabis, which is known for having high levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). While this is consumed as a drug around the world, many studies have shown that this toxic plant may be used for treating health disorders as long as you give the right amount.
Today, the herb is not legally cultivated in some areas around the United States, sold to patients who have sleeping disorders, cancer, or other chronic pains. Scientists working on the herb have proven that Cannabis contains medicinal properties, which are known to help one’s life.
But how does it work, exactly? I’ll be showing you Cannabis, in the form of tablets, CBD gummies, and the like can influence the human body.
How Does Cannabis Work?
These herbs would produce chemical compounds known as cannabinoids, under that being the delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and the cannabidiol (CBD). THC is the psychoactive compound, which gives you the high feeling. Therefore, the more THC in your body, the more powerful the high will be.
As a result, you are more sensitive to sound and become hungrier. You are also more relaxed and have a sense of euphoria.
With CBD, it is the antagonist of THC, without any psychoactive effects but the beneficial health benefits. It reduces the muscle spasticity and pain, making you feel more relaxed. It is what has posed great interest in medical marijuana.
The cannabinoids would look and act similar to the endocannabinoid system in the brain, which gets rid of any negative feelings and emotions. Once the cannabinoids enter your brain, it would throw the usual system our of order, boosting or interfering certain signals. That is the reason why many people feel more relaxed and less pain or anxiety.
The Health Benefits Of Using Cannabis
Now that you know how cannabis works in your body, here are the health benefits it can do for you:
- Marijuana can treat Glaucoma and may help stop cancer from spreading.
- It may also lessen the side effects when treating hepatitis C, increasing its effectivity. The drug can also treat inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- It can help control any epileptic seizures and decreases symptoms of a seizure disorder called Dravet’s Syndrome.
- Marijuana can decrease anxiety, relieving pain and suppressing nausea. Only higher doses can increase anxiety, making you paranoid. Marijuana has been known to treat veterans who suffer from PTSD.
- THC may slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- It helps ease pain from multiple sclerosis and help with various types of muscle spasms. You experience less pain and calms down any spasm attacks. It is also known to relieve arthritis discomfort and lessen the tremors with those who have Parkinson’s disease.
- Sure, you may get the munchies, but a balanced amount of cannabis can help keep you skinny while improving your metabolism.
- Another unique benefit is that it can spur creativity in the brain and eliminate any nightmares.
But of course, when given too much of the herb, it can also have side effects, such as:
- It would block memory formation, particularly in children. It also quickens age-related brain cell loss. You may also experience psychosis, so you may have hallucinations and delusions.
- THC can mess with your balance, coordination, reaction time, and posture. You will have a difficult time walking and talking and become clumsier.
- It increases the risk of depression, intense anxiety, panic, distrust, and fear (though only about 30% of recreational marijuana users experience these intense feelings).
That is why it’s important to consult a doctor before taking any form of Cannabis for either recreational or medicinal use. They will be able to prescribe or recommend a certain amount that is still healthy and will to pose too many health risks.
And there you have it! Through learning about the effects of cannabis and what it can do for your overall health, you will now know that the herb isn’t such a bad thing after all, as long as it isn’t abused. It’s why you see many people using it not for the fun of it, but to treat their pain!
I hope that this article on how cannabis influences the human body helped you become more knowledgeable on how the herb works. If you have any questions or would like to share your experiences when taking Cannabis or CBD gummies, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.