I discovered Oolong tea when my friend brought some from China, I did my research and I discovered it had so many benefits including weight loss! I call it “lazy tea” because it blocks the absorption of carbohydrates and fats.
Do you know how green tea has so many benefits, well -oolong tea is better!
Oolong tea is also made from the buds, leaves, and stems of Camellia Sinensis just like green tea, The difference lies in the processing. While green tea is not fermented, Oolong tea is partially fermented.
Green tea, after being picked and plucked undergoes heating. This tends to halt the oxidation of the leaf. After they get dried, they are rolled intentionally to break down the cell structure. On the other hand, oolong tea after being plucked is kept under controlled conditions. They are allowed to oxidize. They are not broken so the cell structure stays intact.
It is a proven fact that oolong tea can burn up to 157% more fat in comparison to green tea. Just drinking two cups of oolong tea a day will help you shed those stubborn extra pounds by blocking the negative effects of carbohydrates and boosting your metabolism.
The benefits of oolong tea weight loss are as follows:
- Oolong tea blocks the absorption of carbohydrates and fats like I said before
- Oolong tea helps you burn fat faster by raising your metabolism for up to two hours after drinking it. This increases energy expenditure which helps to reduce body weight.
- Oolong tea increases fat oxidation. This means, it actually tells our body to burn fat for energy which automatically results in weight loss.
- The amount of polymerized polyphenols is significantly higher than in green tea or black tea. This promotes strong teeth, prevents allergies and provides naturally radiant and glowing skin.
- Drinking a cup of oolong tea in the afternoons helps in staving off the sweet cravings & energy slumps, during the late day & evenings.
- It also helps in improving mental alertness and thinking skills. There are other benefits of oolong tea. It helps to prevent heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and tooth decay.
- Some people drink oolong tea to treat and prevent diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol and eczema.
Have you tried Oolong tea yet?
Ill be happy to answer any questions if you have any?